Ultimate Book Challenge
What is the UBC?
The Ultimate Book Challenge is a reading competition designed to improve reading and comprehension while also building enthusiasm for reading. Students will compete individually and in teams to show their knowledge of 8 preselected books.
Who can compete?
Students in 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade are eligible for the competition. Mrs. Wells will introduce/book talk the 2021-22 UBC titles to 2-4 grades towards the end of this year.
2021-22 UBC Books:
- A Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly
- Act (Click Series 3) by Kayla Mille
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- I Survived: The Sinking of the Titanic by Lauren Tarshis and Scott Dawson
- Kid Spy: Mac Undercover by Mac Barnett and Mike Lowery
- Nightbooks by J. A. White
- Sal and Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
- Ways to Make Sunshine by Renee Watson and Nina Mata
- Words on Fire by Jennifer A. Nielson
- The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
These books are available in the Seven Hills Library, it is not necessary to purchase the books to participate in UBC.
How will teams be formed?
All participants who have read a minimum of four UBC books will take a quiz over the ALL the books. This is to give them exposure to the type of questions that they will see in the competition and allow them to make a decision of whether they are committed to continue reading and become a team member. Students that choose to continue will be placed on a team. Teams will be made up of 6 students (multi and single grade level teams).
When is the schoolwide battle?
When is the district battle?
The NISD librarians will make this decision and share it at the beginning of the 2021-22 school year.
Northwest ISD is not responsible for content on external sites or servers.